Energy Saving Tips Consumers Should Pursue Now:
- Inspect and tune-up your residential heating system regularly. A heating system that runs well is more efficient and will save you money.
- Invest in a furnace thermostat timer that lowers your home’s temperature when you are not at home. You can cut annual heating bills by as much as 10 percent per year by turning your thermostat back 10-15 percent for eight hours per day.
- Protect against drafts by caulking and weather-stripping around windows, doors, and other openings such as ducts, fans, and vents.
- Install flow-restricting showerheads. You can reduce hot water usage by up to 50 percent without affecting shower pressure.
- Consider switching to a propane water heater. Over time, propane water heaters can cost up to one-third less to operate, and they recover hot water twice as quickly as electric water heaters.
For additional information about energy saving tips and propane heating appliances, you can visit usepropane.com